1. Privacy Statement. James and Dawna Fazio, d/b/a Woodland Enterprises, an Idaho Sole Proprietorship, operate this Smokeybeargifts.com web site. We regard the privacy and security of user information as a critical component of the service that we offer to our users. The following information explains our information gathering and dissemination practices.
2. Catalog Requests: When you request a catalog from Smokeybeargifts.com, our request form requires you to give us a first name, last name, mailing address, city, county/state, postal code, country, and email address.
3. Catalog Request Data: We use catalog request data to mail you our catalog. We continue to mail our catalog issues to you twice a year unless you request to be removed from our mailing list (see Opt Out section below), or we receive insufficient change of address data from the postal service when you move, or if you do not place an order for a number of issues (usually 5 or more). It is our policy to continue to mail catalogs to US Forest Service addresses indefinitely, since the Smokey Bear image is owned by the US Forest Service.
4. Online Ordering: When you place an order at Smokeybeargifts.com, we request your email address and phone number so we may contact you if we have questions regarding your order. We also request your shipping information including first name, last name, shipping address, city, state, postal code, and country and preferred shipping method. For billing information we request the first name and last name of the credit card holder as well as their phone number, billing address, city, state, postal code and country. We also request the credit card type, credit card number and expiration date. In the shipping section there is a space for additional comments or special instructions for us to use as we prepare and ship your order. We also know, of course, which items you have ordered and in what quantities.
5. Online Ordering Data: We use ordering data to prepare and ship your order. Your credit card is not charged in our web site environment. It is imported into our Commercial Management System “CMS” mail order software program where it is processed using Transfirst ePayment Services.
6. IP Addresses. IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as "traffic data" so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you. Smokeybeargifts.com will not use your IP address to attempt to identify your personal information.
7. Referers. A Referer is the information passed along by a web browser that references the Web URL you linked from, and is automatically collected by our web server as "traffic data". This information is used by Smokeybeargifts.com for marketing and sales analyses. You will not be personally identified from this information.
8. System Information. System information we collect as part of "traffic data" includes time, the type of web browser being used, the operating system/platform, and CPU speed. This information is sent automatically by your web browser when you are connected to a web site. This information is used by Smokeybeargifts.com in identifying broad sales and marketing trends. You will not be personally identified from this information.
9. Sharing of Information. Smokeybeargifts.com feels strongly that your personal data should only be seen by you, unless you choose to share it with others. We will never sell, rent, license or exchange personally identifiable data with a third party without your permission. No personally identifiable data or information will be shared with advertisers or partners without your permission. Some of your information may be shared on an aggregate basis only, as a part of a larger set of statistics (for example, statistics that indicate the percentage of our buyers that live in a certain city or region), but that information will not be sufficient to permit the recipient to identify you. Notwithstanding the forgoing, Smokeybeargifts.com will only disclose personally identifiable data without your permission in the following limited circumstances: (i) if Smokeybeargifts.com is required to do so by law, or (ii) if Smokeybeargifts.com has the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to applicable laws or comply with legal process served on Smokeybeargifts.com, or to protect and defend the rights or property of Smokeybeargifts.com or another customer.
10. Children: We discourage the use of our web site by young children, but may be using their names and addresses if they are the recipient of a gift. Smokeybeargifts.com will not share personally identifiable information about our users with third parties without your permission, and we do not sell, license or rent personal information about any of our members, regardless of age.
11. Security. Information collected by Smokeybeargifts.com is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. All of our employees are dedicated to maintaining and upholding your privacy and security and are aware of our privacy and security policies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, smokeybeargifts.com cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
12. Opt Out. You may elect to avoid future communications from Smokeybeargifts.com by sending us an email at email@example.com indicating your first and last names and your mailing address and postal code and requesting to be removed from our mailing list. Under urgent circumstances, Smokeybeargifts.com may be required to send you information about the service or your account, but Smokeybeargifts.com will not send you unsolicited communications regarding any commercial offers or advertisements if you have opted out or discontinued the service.
310 N Main St.
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Dawna Fazio, Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Update: May 11, 2009.